4 Signs of Suspension Trouble
A healthy suspension system is crucial to the well-being of your ride. It is necessary for a comfortable ride, as well as a safe one. If you ever think you're having trouble with your suspension be sure to get it repaired as soon as possible. Read on to learn more about how suspension works and what its signs of trouble are.
What does the suspension do?
The suspension system in your vehicle is designed to do two thing for your ride, make it comfortable and make it safe.
- Comfortable ride - In order to increase ride comfort suspension is designed to absorb bumps and dips in the road. It does this by maintaining the ride height of the vehicle and only allowing the wheel to rise or lower. It uses springs, shocks and struts in order to allow for the up and down movement.
- Safe ride - Suspension plays a pivotal role in ride safety. The suspension keeps all four wheels on the ground at all times, ensuring adequate braking power. It also keeps your vehicle upright and in control during cornering, particularly at higher speeds, by shifting the vehicle's center of gravity.
What are the signs I need suspension repair?
If you ever encounter these signs of suspension trouble be sure to make an appointment to have it repair as soon as possible.
- One corner of the car is low - If it appears one corner of the car is lower than the rest, but all the tires are properly inflated it is safe to assume the strut of shock has failed and collapsed on itself.
- Oil on the struts - Struts use a special liquid to help absorb the road's bumps. If your ride seems a little more rigid rub your hand on the struts to see if you can detect any oilon them, as this is a sure sign they've failed.
- Roll over sensation while cornering - If you get a roller coaster feeling in your stomach as you corner there's a chance the anti-sway bar has failed. This is very dangerous and needs to be addressed right away.
- Excessive bouncing - If you suspect suspension trouble you can perform a quick test to confirm your hypothesis. Push on the hood or trunk of the car to get it bouncing. Once you stop pushing the car should return to its normal ride height in 3-4 bounces. Any more than that and you can be sure there's a suspension issue.
Don't hesitate to have suspension problems repaired. This system is crucial for proper driveability and complete safety. If you need suspension repair in Westminster, CO head to All Engines & Transmissions. We specialize in engine and transmission repair and replacement, but we offer complete general auto repair conducted by expert techs! Give us a call at (720) 707-0183 to request professional auto repair in Westminster today.
All Engines & Transmissions Blog
Written and Published By MORBiZ
How to Know if Your Car Needs Suspension Repair
What are common problems that trigger the check engine light?
Transmission Specialist in Westminster, CO
Common Warning Signs of Brake Trouble
Why It's Important to Follow Your Oil Change Schedule
Expert Auto Repair in Westminster, CO
6 Winter Driving Tips for Better Safety
6 Symptoms of a Major Engine Problem
6 Poor Driving Habits that Can Hurt Your Transmission
6 Maintenance Tasks for Better Performance & Safety
How to Tell if Your Vehicle Needs a Transmission Flush
7 Simple Tips for Better Gas Mileage
7 Reasons the Check Engine Light Comes On
3 Signs Your Car Needs Immediate Engine Repair
Common Signs it is Time for Radiator Repair
Does My Car have an Exhaust Leak? Here's how to Tell
It's time for Brake Repair Now
5 Common Reasons Your Car Won't Start
Is it Time for an Engine Swap?
Common Signs of Transmission Trouble
Do I really need an oil change every 3,000 miles?
The Importance of Scheduled Auto Maintenance
What's that Fluid Leaking From My Car?
3 Signs of your Car May Need an Engine Replacement
Simple Tips to Restore MPGs
Top Symptoms of European Engine Trouble
Odd Noises that Indicate Car Trouble
It's Time for New Shocks if this Happens
It May be Time for a New Transmission if...
Does Colored Exhaust Smoke mean I need Engine Repair?
3 Engines of The Big Three Known to Fail
Customer Reviews of All Engines & Transmissions in Colorado
Options for Fixing a Failing Transmission
5 Signs that Mean it is Time for Brake Repair
5 Signs it is Time for General Auto Repair
Is it Time for Clutch Repair?
Is it Time for Manual Transmission Repair?
Do I Need an Engine Swap?
Why is the Check Engine Light On?
What is the Timing Belt and do I Need to Replace it?
What Causes Automatic Transmission Failure?
What is a Tune Up?
Does My Car Need Cooling System Repair?
4 Signs of Suspension Trouble
Top Signs Your Car Needs Engine Repair
Does my car really need oil changes so often?
When Does My Car Need Routine Transmission Service
Is it time for an Engine Rebuild or Replacement?
Does My Car Need Brake Repair?
Common Causes of the Check Engine Light Turning On
Does My Car Need a Transmission Replacement?
5 Signs it's Time to Head to the Transmission Repair Shop